Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh Won't You Be ... my Teddy Bear?

New packaging for individual ornaments


While I was on a roll with the mercury glass reminiscent Christmas ball beads I thought I should work up some ornaments as well as the ornament hangers.   Before I found the multi-colour assortment, I found these beads in Christmas Green and Christmas Red and wanted to pair them with these lovely large Teddy Bear pendant charms.

Lovely detailing on these antique silver tone Teddy Bear pendants

The acrylic bear pendants are nice and light and cute as can be!  Double sided and three dimensional, these little cuties measure 33 x 20mm. Playing off the theme of childhood Christmases they pair really well with the super shiny metallic beads, clear acrylic marble beads and green faceted glass rondelles that help to catch the light and sparkle.    The small and larger seed beads that I used are in grey and metallic tones and I love the way they enhance the antique silver look of the charm.

And now to make Red Teddies!

Along the way, I found that I needed to tweak my packaging, as I want to be able to offer individual ornaments. Up to now, I have done them in packages of 3, sometimes 2, but I have some special things on the horizon that need to be packaged individually.  I want to keep working with the same two sizes I have for standard (to suit my cello bag sizes and for easier display), and I didn't like how the individual ornament looked placed in the center, so I have offset it with fancy papers to the side.

Cute little Teddy Bears dangle below shiny Christmas beads

Recently at Michaels Craft Store I purchased what I thought was normal card stock only to find that it was super thick - 110 lb paper.  I LOVE it.  With this heavier stock I don't need to layer papers and it keeps things nice and protected.  Adding papers now is really just for fancy effect, and I like the consistency of clean white behind all ornaments.  I think this is my new model for individual ornaments.

Don't you just love happy crafting accidents?



No comments:

Post a Comment