Thursday, November 7, 2013

Craft Show Dress Rehearsal


Coco Chanel is famous for saying that before leaving the house, a lady should stop, look in the mirror, and remove one piece of jewelry. Those were different times, of course, but it is in the spirit of Coco Chanel's words that I am stripping back a little bit of what I have on offer for my craft show table this weekend.  This, you see, is my dining room table serving as the practice hall for the craft show table dress rehearsal.


This may seem a little over the top, but I really needed to fuss and finagle about what would go where, what kind of container it would go in, how much I could fit, how many of each thing I could have.  It really has been a worthwhile exercise as there just isn't enough space to fit everything.  As I am packaging things for the table up for transport, I'm actually removing a few of the things on offer so it doesn't seem quite so cluttered.
 

I've added consistent signage which I hope will at least help people see what there is on offer, and beyond that it's a case of rummaging through the selection.  I've got Christmas Cards, Christmas Ornaments (of all kinds of variety!), some Beaded Ornament Hangers ...


... Bracelets, Christmas Earrings, Jewelry Sets, Hats, Scarves, Mini Christmas Trees with Tree Skirts, Wreaths with Plush Toys in them (some musical).  Underneath the table there will be a whole lot more!

Lynn thought it would be a good idea to have some Christmas Trees for ornaments and for interst on the table, so I've got two of those - a wire version that is easier to highlight the ornaments and see through to the customers - and this will hopefully satisfy the "touchy feely" type of shopper, which I have to say, I'm not.


Well, 48 hours from now the sale will be wrapping up, so it's down to the last things on the to-do list.  Items for set up and display on the table are 98%  packaged up and ready to go, so the focus now is to package up the "extras", and finish up any outstanding projects of which there is a short list.

In a bout of total insanity, I have a few new ideas .... we'll see.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment