Thursday, November 8, 2012

Please Don't Eat the Cherries

A quick little update today as I am busy, busy, busy ... raking, raking, raking. I've just done about 15 large buckets full of the pesky leaves and I swear you can't tell where I've been.  Ah well, sunny day again tomorrow hopefully.





Take a look at these lovely beaded ornament hangers.  They are my favourite so far, and I'm not taking any credit  - it is ALL about those gorgeous red beads.  I think they look for all the world like maraschino cherries as they are similar size.  But please, don't eat the cherries, these go on your Christmas Tree.

Look at how they shine!  And I think whimsical combines with classic with the addition of the soft pearl and 'diamond studded' collar spacer. I have no idea what you actually call that, but it's pretty ... and from every angle.  I don't have too many of these, so they only come out when I really love the focal bead.


For the rest of the beads, I prefer to use a mixture of 6.0 and 8.0 seed beads as it adds a bit of texture - but it's not necessary - you could use one or the other.  I do recommend though that you create the focal point at the bottom end of the hanger - this will ensure that it hangs below the boughs and draw your eye to what's important - the ornament itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment