Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas T-Shirt Time

 

It's Christmas T-shirt time! I arrived home the other day to find hubby all decked out in his ChristmasT-shirt. Now, odds are it was on the top of a pile as I had recently washed it, but it made me smile and I chose to look at it as some Christmas spirit seeping in.



Normally I'd have to pester for such things and there are several T-shirt piles after all as at "nearly 50" (as I am hearing far too often these days) I'm married to a man who can - and still does - wear clothes from high school.  Who can say this?  Sorry, I digress...


I painted this T-shirt last year.  While I have done a lot of Disney freehand over the years, this comes from a Loony Toons transfer book that I probably bought in high school.  Typically, I like to paint on a lighter colour than this bright red, so I thought it needed some white polka dots to make it pop.  Once I got started it became a little difficult - ok impossible - to stop, but the end result is cherry and fun. 

I just mix normal craft paints with textile medium and they handle the wash great. I see a "Jane '88" (the year it was done) Boston Bruins shirt I painted at least once a week and although you can almost see through the material in places, the paint is still bright.

And it doesn't say Seasons Greetings! Merry Christmas from Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Daffy, Tweety, Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.  That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment