Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cross Stitch & Beaded Ornaments: Old World Santa 1

My first go with the seed beads and cross-stitch
My friend Lynn bought me an early Christmas present of Santa Ornament kits that use a combination of cross-stitch and beading. They're absolutely gorgeous.



Let alone the kits are beautiful and make really stunning ornaments, the best part is the introduction to a whole new concept. I had tried a few variations of beading a cross-stitch pattern, but was never totally happy with it. The learning for me is that the concept works much better as a highlight rather than complete replacement.

So, inspired by this new project and this new year, I shall have another go at the blogging concept with a view to inspiring me to complete projects and document patterns, etc. We shall see where this takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment