Saturday, February 26, 2011

Basic Hat Variation: Multi Stitch

Goodness me, I don't know where this week has gone. At some point this week I did manage some time to photograph and put away my knit hats, so I shall have a few things to share over the next few days.

Recently I finished and shared with you a variation on the Basic Hat for anyone using novelty yarn. This is another one of my favourite styles - all in wool - but with a variation in stitches.

I experimented with quite a few styles but found one of my favourites to be a combination of moss stitch and gartar stitch.

And as you might notice, I particularly like the combination of a solid colour with a variegated option to compliment.

The base pattern can be found at Kathy North's The Hat for Anyone. For this variation, begin after the rib with 2 rows stocking stitch, 4 rows moss, 2 rows stocking, 4 rows gartar .... etc. When it comes time to shape the top of the hat, alternate in garter stitch rows only for easier decreasing.

The possibilities of colour and stitches are endless, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment