Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sparkle Snowflakes with Glass Bead & Rondelles

Looooook at these beads - aren't they pretty? The turquoise glass beads are about 18mm and have interesting flecks of other colours. The squishy looking Rondelles that I have recently discovered are perfect for an ornament feature as they catch the light from so many angles.



I'm a big fan of the white/blue/silver Christmas combination - the Winter Wonderland theme - as it goes particularly well on our living room trees, so I thought they would be a perfect accompaniment for these glittery snowflakes. (See this post for more on working the snowflakes)

It turns out my fussy side really came out when working the beaded hanger part, but I seem to have settled on the interspersed turquoise glass and white pearl large seed beads in combination with tiny light turquoise seed beads and tiny opalescent tubes as my favourite rendition.

Because I wanted to play with more than just my white glitter, I tried a few in silver - again using the superfine glitter intended for candle making. For the large seed beads I've replaced the white opalescent with my favourite shiny liquid silver.

I'm just itching to get my hands on more of these to play with as my head is imagining a myriad colour possibilities - as always. The possibility of things to do this to are also endless so it will be fun scoping the shelves this holiday season.

My snowflake ornaments are for sale as sets of 3 on my Etsy shop in the Christmas category.

1 comment:

  1. I think I may need a glitter tutorial - yours look so nice and even! Very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete