Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spiral Ornament Hooks

Lime Green and Red
How fun are these? The next variation of the ornament hook is a curvy style. I'm itching to put up a Christmas tree just to see how these look with little swirls of colour appearing below the branches to hold the ornaments.


Opaque Red, Translucent Red and Gold
And of course I'm busy trying to think of all my favourite ornaments and how best to feature them with co-ordinating hooks. I have a lovely gold and red ball for these guys.


This wire is a little thicker to work with and you definitely need the larger seed beads. I contemplated including a focal bead but I thought it might make it a little difficult to put the ornament on. I think this is another one of those "less is more" lessons.


For some of the colour experiments I began with an accent bead in the inside loop. I think if I'm doing this again it would have to be much more noticable. This part is a bit of a nuisance and I'm really not convinced it's necessary.


While I have been waiting - not so patiently any more - for some more #8.0 seed beads to arrive to do more of the straight hooks, I've also been busy reworking some of my sparkly gem ornament styles. Major production on these - can't wait to see them on the tree too!

I have a variety of beaded ornament hooks are on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. Love them! They have a very doctor Seuss feel to me! Especially the red and lime green ones ... Cat in the Hat?

    ReplyDelete