Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Victorian Pinks Christmas Tree Skirt



I've recently been taking out the myriad Christmas Tree skirts that I was making earlier this year.  I was in such a frenzy at the time, with several in production simultaneously (one of the reasons I prefer crochet to knitting, where you feel handcuffed to things 'on the needles') that I didn't photograph projects, or clearly remember all the different styles and sizes that I'd made.  It's been fun to rediscover them.




This tree skirt is a large size, and in addition to the faux fur and eyelash yarns which really give it texture, I've incorporated a popcorn stitch - for more texture and interest.  You can see in the detail photo that one row has the popcorn stitch in the same colour - the darker pink - while another banding has it in accent - pale pink amidst the cream rows.  Totally different looks that you can have fun playing with.


This wouldn't be my norm for Christmas colour styling -  I usually opt for Winter Wonderland or 60s child Christmas Traditional -   but I think it's a gorgeous combination and it would totally go in my craft room.

oooooooh - Winter Wonderland

The original pattern for base stitches is located at Crochetville.org but it's a great item to let your imagination run wild.  As you work from the center to the outside, it's soooo much fun to watch it transform as you add each new element.  Quite addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment