Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's your favourite colour?


Q: What's your favourite colour?
A: All of them!

I am completely in love with this new blanket concept! The idea had been knocking around in my head for a while, and after seeing other blanket projects online, and being inspired by Lynn's fantastic scrappy scarf, the time seemed right to give it a go when I decided to put another blanket project on hold.

This is a simple shall pattern, like the pink dots baby blanket I finished recently, but you change colours every row. I find it grows quite quickly as you're really keen to see the result of the next colour you add into the mix.

I did think after several rows that it would make a very nice scarf pattern done lengthwise - as opposed to vertically as most shell scarf patterns are - but I neglected to take a photo at that stage so you'll have to imagine.

I will no doubt be grumbling about all of the ends to sew in - which is a negative result of this kind of patterning - but I think I might just love it enough! I also intend not to leave that all to the end - or it could be trouble.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this and was trying to imagine what I would do with all of the odds and ends I'm accumulating. You have given me a a great project to use them!

    ReplyDelete