Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pear Gem Dangles

Pear Gem Dangles with Pearls, Faceted Crystals and Champagne Seed Beads

The lovely frosted champagne colour seed beads that I used in the hanger portion of these new gem ornaments were the inspiration for this version of my pear shaped gem dangles.  I have interspersed them with translucent seed beads in the same colour to make them stand out.  This started to remind me of champagne, so I kept the focal beads simple - the champagne bubbles in pearls and clear faceted acrylic beads. 




The packaging worked out well when I found some nice Christmas sentiments paper.  I think they have a nice traditional look.


Playing up the look of the pear in the gems - both in shape and colour - I called this earlier version "Pear for the Partridge".  Long faceted amber gems work well to represent the stem of the pear.

So, the styles are coming along at a steady pace.  Check out the Christmas Ornaments section of my Etsy shop if you'd like to see more.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment