Thursday, September 26, 2013

Seussical Icicle Dangle Ornaments

Seussical Red and Lime Green Christmas Ornaments
 Look at these fabulous beads!  Don't you just think they were made for Christmas decorations?  True, I think that of almost everything, but these beads especially.  Large red and white polka dots with lime green and bright white stripes - more holly, jolly festive they could not be!  These icicle style snowflake dangle ornaments are accented with white glass pearls and crystal, light gold and opaque white in a mixture of 6/0, 8/0 and 10/0 seed beads.


 From early childhood memories of magical Efteling in the Netherlands, I have had a long love affair with red with white polka dots (like the magical toadstools of Efteling that played music) and these polka dot beads are actually dimpled to boot.  They are super cute.  Combined with the bright lime green striped beads they are very reminiscent of the Christmas colours often attributed to Dr. Seuss.


Seussical Lime Green Christmas Ornament
Sometimes I wonder if my little pots of beads come out at night and move themselves around so that I will come in the next day, look at something near something else and think "oooh, that's pretty".  Usually I wonder things like that when I'm a little over-tired, but it did seem like the lime green beads were insisting on a version of their very own.  I knew I had these large acrylic faceted beads in lime green to accompany, so who was I to stand in their way?  They are lovely as well - very fresh and bright.

These snowflake charms are one my new 'small snowflakes' that I plan to do a million things with. Made of acrylic they are very durable and look like frosted glass.  Elegant and dainty, I can't wait to see how magical they will look with lights on a Christmas Tree - glowy I suspect.  The little snowflakes are beautiful plain, but for this festive rendition I decided to add a little more sparkle with a gemstone in the center.

And now off to the craft room for me - the beads are calling and they have a few more ideas!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: