Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Mum!

Happy Birthday Mum!

It's my Mum's Birthday today. Happy Birthday Mum!  This is the card that I made, and it has a special significance that I hope my Mum will get.  Some time in the 70's we had a bathroom that was decorated with smiley face wallpaper - oh yes! - and accessories to match.  It was my favourite bar none.  Given the style of my Mum's normal decorating, I think I may have had a hand in picking out the famous wallpaper - but we all ended up liking it.




Our smiley face wallpaper was yellow, turquoise and green (shag carpeting to match - you can just picture it can't you?) but times change so I went with a yellow, orange, pink rendition.

I tried to keep the card simple but graphically interesting so I've got angled squares and accent strips to balance the smiley face circles.    And buttons - first time for buttons on a card.  I tried adding some tied thread in the buttons - as I've seen others do and admired - but I just didn't get on with it.  I thought this card needed a more clean look.

I think the simple smiley face graphic is still one of the best ever created.  How can you not reciprocate?  Like Mr. Roarke used to say on Fantasy Island ... "Smiles Everyone!"


No comments:

Post a Comment