Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pretty Glass Beads

Glass Beads wirh Diamond Collar Spacers Beaded Ornament Hooks

This week has been busy with a great deal of sorting, sourcing and planning things I want to make in the next few weeks.  The overall picture is still one of creative chaos, but there are pockets where I can actually see what I have to work with, and to work up.




I've had these pretty glass beads for quite some time.    I've used them in all sorts of different projects - both the larger ones and the pretty smaller ones with little flower patterns.  The latter was my focus in working up, as there were only small quantities of each left.  I decided to work them up into fancy  beaded ornament hangers, and used the rhinestone collar spacers to set off the pretty beads.


The third set I made was a bit of a reminder to me that things don't have to be completely matchy-matchy.  I wasn't sure that the lime green flower glass beads would go so well with the emerald green large glass beads.  Sitting beside each other, they didn't quite work, but when I put it all together and changed the accent seed beads in the hanger portion - they worked perfectly.  And do you know what?  They're my favourites of the lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment