Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Christmas Magic Glitter Pots

Christmas magic ... in pots of glitter

This is one of my new styles for 2013 .. the Glitter Pot Ornament.  Being constantly on the look-out for anything that I can string some wire and beads through, I was delighted when I found these little glass vials with plastic stoppers that contained a hole.



You could put small beads in them, or bits of tinsel, but I chose glitter as I had an over-abundance of the stuff hanging around the craft room shelves.  So I sat one evening filling little bottles with different colours of glitter and then gluing the stoppers in place.


When the glue was nicely dry - a day or two later - I started playing with wiring them to beaded hangers.  It's fun to match the focal beads with the vial contents, and I thought the pom-pom tinged with silver tinsel was super appropriate.


With all the handling, and bending the wire, I didn't have any trouble with the stoppers - they seem to be in there nice and snug.  Simple to pop on the tree for a little bit of Christmas fairy magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment