Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Starry Starry Night ...

Acrylic Blue Faceted Stars on Beaded Hangers

Well hello and happy September!  It seems you turn the calendar and the nights are suddenly cold. Speaking of nights, I've made up some more Christmas ornaments.  For a little variety, they are neither snowflakes nor diamond dangles - but a variation - with these acrylic star pendant charms.


I love the acrylic items for Christmas Ornament crafting because the lights of the tree will shine through and make them glow.  I used pretty deep blue oval beads for the focal bead, flanked with clear crystal seed beads to give it a little extra sparkle, and this was just the place to feature these fabulous blue and white toned seed beads that I took apart from something else.


These have worked out well, and I have some more variations to work up - red, light green and clear.  The beaded hangers, I think, could stand to be a little longer next time as the portion that goes through the star takes up more wire than the ususal attachments.  A little more length here would also allow me to do a bit more with the focal beads.  Just a bit though - they're nearly perfect.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment