Saturday, January 28, 2012

Green/Teal dots baby blanket



It was my friend Amy's baby shower today, so now I can show you my most recent baby blanket. Another version of the shell blanket that I liked so much in pink.




Amy and Simon don't know if they're having a boy or a girl, so I chose this neutral white with teal and green accents.  It's the Snuggly Wuggly dots wool again. Very nice to work with.



For my pink blanket I used a scallop edging, which was very pretty but perhaps a little feminine, so as we all anticipate this being a boy (though we really don't know and could be well surprised) I thought I'd try the straight edge finish.  I think it's also nice - though if I was doing specifically for a girl I'd probably do the wavy edge just because I'm a girl and I liked it!



This is a nice sized blanket- and by that I mean fairly large, but I think it will be useful as a floor/sofa blanket in the early stages and grow to be a comforting snuggly blankie a little later on.



And this is a smaller blanket I made a little while back just using alternating double chain and spaces.  I thought a smaller, thinner blanket might be useful for in prams, car seats, etc.  and again with the neutral colours should be good for boy or girl.

Can't wait to find out just who will be snuggling into these!


No comments:

Post a Comment